The school is dedicated to ensuring we offer the flexibility and support for each child to develop their own individual abilities and academic excellence whilst meeting new challenges. In short, we provide the highest standards of education, and promote the development of all-around talents, whether they be academic, creative, or sporting.
We offer exceptional opportunities to all of our pupils. Our boys and girls are at the heart of all we do - the children are Aldenham.
Our Key Aims
- To encourage a love of learning in order to aspire to academic excellence and a broad education for all pupils
- To foster good relationships and partnership between staff, pupils, parents and the wider community
- To ensure that each individual pupil is nurtured, and encouraged to make the most of their own special talents
- To emphasise the importance of the social, moral and spiritual dimensions of community life in a modern society
- To provide a well-planned, well-organised environment giving children rich and stimulating experiences
We believe very strongly in offering breadth within our curriculum, so that the all-round talents of each individual child may be developed. This involves promoting the academic, creative and sporting facets of school life, as well as fostering children’s natural curiosity, in order to empower them with a lifelong love of learning.
Saudi Culture and Arabic Language
The Aldenham curriculum has been tailored to fit our local Riyadh setting. Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies are central and important components of our curriculum, and we have been careful to ensure that our whole curriculum, whilst British in nature and based on the UK curriculum, is set in the context of being a school in the Kingdom. Arabic Language, for instance, is offered from the Lower School onwards, and is delivered by subject specialist teachers.
Parents are kept well-informed of their children’s learning through lists of curriculum topics and curriculum evenings at the start of each year.
Aldenham has a strong and prestigious sporting tradition. Games and Physical Education are a very important part of life at Aldenham Prep Riyadh, and each class has one PE lesson per week with a specialist teacher as well as a Games afternoon.
The major sports available for pupils to take part in are football, netball, hockey, cricket and basketball. The children will also have the opportunity to experience a number of other sports and activities such as badminton, golf, and swimming.